Friday, April 19, 2013

Style Icon: Clementine Kruczynski

Oh, my darling.
          Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is my absolute favorite movie. In short, it is about a man opting to remove his lover from his memory after learning that she, too, had erased him. Through the process, Joel finds himself regretting the decision to dispose of the woman he loved, after realizing the good memories between the two would be lost with the tragic and horrid ones. However, without spoiling it for those of you who haven't seen the film, the two are truly in love. And, in the words of the great Daniel Johnston, true love will find you in the end. As if the plot weren't enough to captivate you, the editing and visuals in the movie are UHH-mazing. It is honestly director Michel Gondry's best piece of work. And, no matter how many times I watch it, I am still in awe at the perfection that is Clementine Kruczynski. Impulsive, inappropriate, free-spirited; what's not to love. My own love for the character runs deep; I dyed my hair every color I could after seeing the movie and plan to get a tattoo inspired by my darling Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts