Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spotlight: Flower Beauty

     As soon as I read in last month's Nylon magazine that Drew Barrymore had her own line of drugstore beauty products, my interest was sparked. I happen to love Ms. Barrymore, for your information. I took it upon myself to find out more about her products by visiting the Flower Beauty website, where I uncovered some pros and cons about the line. Pros: no animal testing is used, company money isn't spent on commercial advertising so products can stay affordable, everything is produced in the USA, and it is free of pore-clogging toxins. Cons: it is only available at Wal-Mart. Now, I know that the pro-to-con ratio seems pretty promising, but you need to know something about me; I loathe Wal-Mart. In fact, I loathe Wal-Mart almost as much as I love Drew Barrymore. Seems like a bit of pickle, right?
     One day Andy and I stopped at a Wal-Mart to pick up snacks before heading out of town, so I decided to check out the Flower Beauty feature. I was immediately impressed with their ultra-chic, rose-gold  packaging and clever names; e.i.-About Face foundation, Secret Service concealer, Sheer Up lip gloss, etc. However, I am a penny-pincher, and $13 foundation is not exactly "affordable" when it comes to drugstore make-up. Alas, I walked away without making any purchases.
     About a week after the trip with Andy, I was having a bad "looks" day. My skin was completely broken out, and the make-up that I was using only seemed to make it worse. I had some extra cash, so I just decided to take a dive into Flower Beauty products. This turned out to be one of the best beauty decisions/ investments I have ever made. The foundation I bought matched my olive-toned skin perfectly, went on smooth, and did not have a caked-up effect. The concealer also provided awesome coverage to problem areas. I was most impressed by the powder, though. It evens skin and gives a matte finish, while still looking completely natural. My breakouts and dry-patches have been at an all-time low with Flower Beauty, as well, because the make-up is totally breathable on your skin. 
     I am so incredibly glad that I spent the extra money this time around; you really do get far more than what you pay for with these products. Another plus is that a little goes a long way, so its not something you'd have to buy often. Which is especially good news for me, because I'd like to keep the Wally World trips to a minimum. I'm really looking forward to incorporating Drew's lipsticks and eye shadow pallets into my routine, as the reviews I've read have been mega-positive. If you're looking to switch over to another brand, I'd definitely give Flower Beauty a shot!
Here's a better look at my own results:
Before

After

(This post is purely opinion. I did not receive any funding to promote or endorse the products mentioned above.)

2 comments:

  1. Hiya! Love the before and after shots, though you're beautiful in both! I've been trying some of the Flower Beauty products recently (creme eyeshadows, lip butter, nail polish), and I really like them. However, I also have acne-prone skin and have not yet tried the foundation or powder. I think they might be my next purchase, so I am happy to hear that you like them! How do you apply the foundation - with your fingers, or with a makeup sponge?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is the most luck I've ever had with a foundation/powder, so I definitely recommend giving it a try. I use a sponge to apply the foundation, since your hands tend to hold bacteria. I hope that helps!
      xoxo
      Heather

      Delete

Popular Posts