Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pinspiration: Grrrl Power

     This edition of "Pinspiration" is all about grrrl power. It seems like every time I'm on Pinterest, or any social networking website, I have images of nearly emaciated girls on my dashboard with quotes like "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels..." or something else ridiculous like that. Not too mention posts with blatant slut-shaming or victim-blaming. Can you say "unfollow"? 
     With annoying images such as the ones mentioned above, its nice to also see an equal amount of pro-feminist posts, especially ones with a bit of humor; feminist-Ryan Gosling forever. I hope these pictures inspire you to pick up a copy of  "The Feminine Mystique", listen to Bikini Kill, and, at the very least, throw out a few copies of Cosmopolitan magazine. 

With love,
Heather

(All images found on Pinterest)


P.S. Ashley and I had so much fun in Columbus, and I cannot wait to share pictures from our trip. But, those will have to wait until tomorrow. I MUST SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts