Friday, April 12, 2013

On the Road

     My best girl-friend and writer of Fancy That , Ashley, and I took a day-trip to Columbus for a brief escape from our shanty, small town. The day was full of Spring shopping, artery-clogging food, hookah, and adventuring. We started at Easton Town Center, where I was honored to introduce Ashley to the greasy and delicious world of Five Guys Burgers and Fries. After we had done enough damage to our bank accounts, we headed to High Street to get hookah and browse some of the local shops. Unfortunately for us, most of the smaller establishments closed before we could make our rounds. Instead, we settled on Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream, which happens to be open until 11 pm. Clearly, they know what's up.
     Ashley and I ended the day with a quick trip to Urban Outfitters, so that I could try to find Andy a birthday present. Alas, I left with jeans and a dress for myself. That boy is just impossible to shop for, and I am getting increasingly nervous about not scoring the perfect gift for his 25th. One thing I wasn't disappointed with while browsing was getting to see part of the "Take Back the Night" march that was going on. I had never heard of the event, but Ashley, after dislocating my arm (just kidding, Ash), was quick to point out the walkers and explain what it was all about. After learning it was centered around putting an end to assault, rape, and other violence towards women, I am completely on board to join the next march. Too cool.
     We made our way back home with the windows down and music on, both feeling much better about some things that had been bringing us down. Sometimes a getaway, no matter how short, is all a person really needs. However, I do wish it had lasted a tad bit longer now that I'm back to the reality of working all weekend. You take what you can get, I suppose.
     Life is really speeding up over here, readers. I'm all set to visit my dearest friend from Cleveland next week for some catching up that is long over-due. I have to admit that I am quite nervous about being back on my former college campus, simply for what kind of emotion it could stir. Seeing Timothy, however, will be more than worth it. He's a peach, and I cannot wait to take loads of pictures of all of our old favorite spots. I'm about to cry just thinking about it, jeez. 
     I'll sign off before I have to grab a tissue.
Until next time, 
Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts