Friday, March 27, 2015

Outfit: Basically

Am I the only one noticing an influx of people transitioning to a minimalistic wardrobe lately? A minimalistic wardrobe involves having a limited amount of clothing of upstanding quality, including pieces that can be mixed together to create several different outfits. Usually these include basics, like a white button-up, a denim shirt, a good pair of flats, etc. While I don't think it will ever be in my nature to be a minimalist in any aspect of my life, I have taken great inspiration from these how-to's and stories about people developing a smaller wardrobe. I have always been drawn to cheap clothing, or inexpensive, rather. I love thrifting and I love discounts. But, I have noticed that I often buy things because of their low price. This has caused my closet space to dwindle, and left me with that terrible "I have nothing to wear' battle nearly everyday. I've made a conscious effort to start weeding out things that I don't wear on a regular basis, and replace them with classic pieces that will last me a long time. I feel good about creating a more "adult" wardrobe. Even if it may include crop-tops and cat printed everything. Woops.
Happy Friday!
-Heather
 
Outfit Details:
Dress- Forever 21
Denim shirt, tote, scarf, and boots- thrifted

2 comments:

  1. Omg, I totally know how you feel! Sometimes I'm tempted to buy closes just because they're cheap, and then I feel like I have nothing I wear while half my closet sits untouched! I love your outfit though :)

    Steph
    hellostephni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts