Thursday, May 2, 2013

Alone, Not Lonely

     Although I usually work during the daytime, my retail position occasionally throws a closing shift in my direction. On the days that I don't work until the evening, I take full advantage of having a rush-free morning. I stay in my pajama's, have something other than a quick bowl of cereal for breakfast, and catch a couple hours worth of Sex and the City re-runs. On this particular day, I decided to venture out around town to enjoy the sunshine before being behind a register all night. I made a trip to Goodwill, to hunt for some shorts and sundresses. Regretfully, I did not take home that "I'm Booked" t-shirt. However, it was too perfect not to document. I later returned home for lunch and iced coffee, which was followed by reading on the porch. I became so engrossed in my latest read that I nearly forgot about having to be to work all together. Luckily I made it to T.J. Maxx with about three and a half minutes to spare. *Sigh*
     Days such as these, where I have the house to myself and no definitive plans, are my favorites. I've always been given a hard time by one person or another for my lack of a social interaction, but I genuinely love the solitude of being alone. Don't get me wrong, readers. I'm obvz not a total shut-in. I just very much appreciate the idea that being alone does not have to mean being lonely. One that note, I have tea cooling down and the Atonement DVD waiting for me. Later, Y'all!
Until next time,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts