Thursday, May 9, 2013

Greenery and Humid Air

     I had a wonderful day spent with Andy; thrifting, eating junk food, walking about the reservoir, and watching him skate. We took another day-trip to Marion to rummage through Goodwill and The Salvation Army, and also to gorge on Sonic; our tradition every time we're in the town. We didn't score much at the second-hand shops, but I was able to find a cookbook I've been hunting for on sale at their T.J. Maxx. If you haven't heard of Katie Quinn Davies, I suggest you get to know her. I've skimmed through the book about a million times in my two days of owning it, and salivate at every image. (Too much?) 
     After we had made our rounds, we headed back to Galion to watch the sunset and snap some pictures at the reservoir. We were pleased to make the acquaintance of a few critters hanging around the water, especially this precious calico. We saw this little guy after some fishers left, and he came right up to be petted. It was love at first sight basically. I was completely ready to take the sweetheart home until we realized he belonged to some people living nearby. Can you say heartbreak?
     I was forced to drown my sorrows in a Reese's Cup Hurricane from my favorite dairy bar. Andy and I brought our sweets to the park, where we watched a baseball game on the swings. I was reminded why I've never been a huge sports fan after some close calls with a few over-the fencers. Jeesh. The sun finally went down, and we headed back to Andy's after he got the chance to skate for a bit. I know I've said it before, but having days like these where you're free to just do as you please, without having to stick to any type of schedule, are my absolute favorite. Mostly because they have been so few and far between lately. I fear I will have even less of them to enjoy now that I've begun my search for a second job. HELP.
Until next time,
Heather
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts