Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Milestone

     We celebrated my sister, Shandi's, graduation this weekend with an afternoon spent with all of our favorite people. It was a blast seeing familiar faces and catching up with our friends and family who we seldom see. Shandi, my mother, and myself worked hard to prepare for her Mexican-themed fiesta; waking up before sunrise to use the kitchen at the restaurant my mom works at to cook up massive batches of taco fixings. (The theme was chosen because Shandi will be leaving for Cancun in two weeks. Jealous!) None of the scrumptious food made it onto my camera, rather into our fridge; we'll be eating taco salads for weeks.      
     Due to the business of my sister's graduation weekend, I really did not deliver the amount of photo's I had originally planned on snapping. I wanted to get group shots of Shandi with each group of our extended family; one with the grandparents, one with the grandchildren, one with aunts/uncles, etc. But, I mostly just took pictures of babies instead. Uh-oh. Fortunately for me, no one is really sweating over this; we're just glad to have the chaos over with. 
     I'd just like to say again how proud we are of Shandi for her accomplishments. She deserves every ounce of recognition and praise for her work, and we can't wait to see all of the wonderful things she'll go on to do. Love you, sis!
Until next time,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts