This weekend, I was notified that I have been nominated for The Liebster Award! I was nominated by Natasha from Natoodle. The Liebster Awards focus on smaller sites in the blogging community. This is a huge honor for me, seeming as though Rags and Roses isn't even a year old yet! Here are the rules for the Liebster nominees:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the nominee before you.
3. Pick your own 11 nominees of smaller or beginning blogs, who then answer your questions.
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
5. Lastly, tell your nominees you have nominated them.
Below are the questions I received for my nomination:
1. Who has been the biggest influence to you in your life? That's a tough one, because so many people have made an impact on my life. Kate Nash, Sylvia Plath, Sofia Coppola, Kurt Vonnegut, Charles Bukowski, Kathleen Hanna, Lou Reed, Jenny Lewis, Wes Anderson, Ben Gibbard, etc. Several books, bands, movie, and television characters have influenced me, as well. But, my mother and sister surpass all. As a single mom, she taught me how to be independent and think for myself. And, my sister has been an amazing example of perseverance and the rewards that come with hard work. I don't know what I'd do without them.
2. What is your favourite type of sweet/candy? Ice cream, preferably from Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream. The coffee, biscuits and jam, and sweet potato with toasted marshmallow flavors are my three favorites.
3. If you could have any job in the world what would it be? For me, it would be having a ton of different experiences throughout my lifetime. I want to be a photographer, a journalist, a store-front owner, a magazine editor, a clothing designer, a band member, a blogger; everything. I'm far too indecisive for a career.
4. Who is your celebrity crush? Ryan Gosling, Joaquin Phoenix, Steve Buscemi, Andy Samberg, and Sam Rockwell. And, Evan Peters. Oh, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Woopsies.
5. What is your favourite product this week? Hmmm, probably Quorn brand meat substitutes. As a vegetarian, they provide protein and add variety to my diet. The "chicken" is the best, and can be used in so many recipes.
6. Do you have any pets? If not, what pet would you like? Sadly, I do not. But, I would love a Tabby cat or a Siberian Husky.
7. What is your favourite colour/make of nail polish? I love Essie, Flower Beauty, and Wet n' Wild brands. And, Urban Outfitters makes a great scented top coat that I love. I tend to stick to darker colors (like burgundy and teal) with metallic or lighter accents (like gold or nude).
8. What is/was your favourite subject to study at school/college/university? English has always been my favorite subject; I love to write and read. I really enjoyed Communications and Woman Studies while I was in college, though.
9. Who is your favourite beauty YouTuber? I don't really have one. I tend to go to Pinterest for any beauty how-to's. I do love Lauren Conrad's Beauty Department blog. But, Youtube for me is strictly for humor, music, and cats.
10.What is your favourite clothing store? Where to start!? I love TJ Maxx, Forever 21, H&M, thrift/vintage shops, Urban Outfitters, and many more. I enjoy cheap clothes from anywhere, really.
11. What is your top beauty tip? I guess just to present yourself however you want and be confident, whether it's with risky fashion or subtle styles. I think it's important to find your own preferences despite mass marketing and advertising plots that make women feel bad about themselves. You are most beautiful when you are happy, and the most happy when you chose things for yourself!
Alright, that does it for me! My nominations for The Liebster Award are:
My questions to you ladies are:
1. What/who inspired you to become a blogger?
2. Who are some of your idols/icons?
3. What are your favorite things to post about?
4. What are your five favorite songs at the moment?
5. What is the last movie you went to see in theaters?
6. If you could only eat one thing forever, what would it be?
7. How have your blogging styles/post subjects changed since you first began?
8. What is the last thing that made you laugh really hard?
9. If your life were a television show, which show would it be?
10. Name at least one thing you can make? (food, crafts, etc.)
11. What are some of your future blogging/life goals?
I look forward to seeing everyone's answers. Thanks again for the nomination, Natasha. I am still so surprised and flattered!