Sunday, January 26, 2014

Recipe: Nutella Hot Chocolate

Sometimes, your mind creates something out of this world. Be it a song, or a novel, or a technological advancement. Whatever it may be, you instantly know it's great and that it's never been thought of before*. That it will change the course of history, and bring wonder for years to come. For me, it was this Nutella hot chocolate recipe. I was sitting on the computer, drooling over a bunch of dessert recipes, when I simply couldn't take a lack of sweets any longer. I tore my cupboards apart looking for something, anything, to satisfy my sweet tooth. The only thing remotely appealing was a jar of  Nutella: my greatest friend and worst enemy; that stuff  is addicting and so NOT good for you. At all. But, it does taste like heaven, so whatever. Anyways, this idea popped in my head to make hot cocoa with this chocolaty, ultra-fattening sugar spread. (*Which I later found out via Pinterest that I did not in fact invent this concept. Turns out a lot of innovators beat me to the glory long ago.) This is my take on the treat. So, here we go:
In a saucepan, bring 1 and 1/2 cups of milk to a light boil. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of Nutella and a few dashes of cinnamon until smooth. That's all, doods. Simple, but equally delectable. I think next time I might try this with a few tablespoons of espresso, caramel syrup, or cocoa power, to really intensify the flavor. But, don't get me wrong, this was freaking delicious.
Top with a mountain of marshmallows or whipped cream, sprinkle with more cinnamon or cocoa powder, and enjoy. Without guilt, please. This stuff is too good to worry about how bad it is for your New Years' resolution. So, think about that tomorrow, and slip into a chocolate-hazelnut spread induced euphoria.
With love,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. OH WOW, that sounds delish! :D
    I will be testing this out soon!
    Love your style and blog!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a guilty pleasure, and so easy! I'm glad you'll be giving it a try :D ANd, thank you so much for stopping by Rags and Roses :D
      -Heather

      Delete

Popular Posts