Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What's In My Bag: Work Edition

     After pulling some inspiration from other bloggers' "What's In My Bag" posts, I've decided to start a new series of these based on where or what one's planning on to go/do. I change out my purse ALL THE TIME; be it due to the need for more/less space or color. Knowing what essentials to have with you for all occasions is key, and hopefully this will be of service to helping you readers chose and store your necessities. Here's what is in my bag when I'm at work:
     Seems like a lot, right? But, when you're at your job for 7+ hours a day, its nice to know you have everything you need. Let me break it down for you.
(Wallet, hand sanitizer, and gum)
     When break-time rolls around, my stomach is practically eating itself. However, I never skip the first step of using anti-bacterial gel. I work with money, people. EW.  I'm also always sure to have my wallet, with extra change, in cases where I want to leave for lunch or need to dine via the vending machine. Gum is always good to have on hand after lunch, so I don't knock out a customer with my hummus breath. 

(iPod, planner, and current read)
These are quite possibly my greatest essentials at work for my breaks. Our break-room isn't always the quietest place, which is totes alright; its actually cool that everyone makes conversation with one another. I just prefer some solitude every now and again. Which is why I've started packing my iPod and whichever book I'm currently reading. Having some relaxation during your work day is usually much needed. 

(Flower Beauty powder, E.L.F. mascara, Revlon lipstick, Burt's Bees lip balm, and Marc Jacob's Lola scented lotion)
Working longer, busy days, especially weekends, tends to erase any effort put into one's appearance; especially mine. I bring some basic beauty products mostly for the public's satisfaction. I could easily be mistaken for a crazed bag-lady come 3 PM. My basics include powder, mascara, and chap-stick. I usually keep these two shades of lipstick in whatever bag I'm carrying, simply because of their versatility; one light, one dark. The scented lotion is just to stay "fresh". My job requires quite a bit of running around and lifting. Even I am not immune to odor, I suppose. Jeesh.

(Keys, Urban Outfitters' Sunnies)
Last, but not least, my car keys and sunglasses. I always have them where they can be pulled without any hassle. When it's time to go home, it's time to go home; I don't want anything to slow me down.

     So, there you have it; my work essentials and what's in my bag. What are somethings you can't go without?
Until next time,
Heather

2 comments:

Popular Posts