Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Beauty Must-Haves

      If you are anything like me, your beauty routine changes with the seasons, especially summertime. I tend to go for brighter color palettes, and light scents when the season arrives. I also have very sensitive skin and fussy hair, so things like wind, humidity, heat, and the sun can cause a few unwanted troubles. Luckily, I have found a few products that take the hassle out of the warmer months. Here's the scoop!

Hair:
I've been using a Climate-Protective mousse by TreSemme, and it basically works miracles. It helps shield my colored hair from any sun damage, and keeps frizz out on humid days. I put a palm full on damp hair just before blow-drying it, and I'm good to go. Another product I've come to love is Garnier Fructis' leave-in conditioner. You can spray this into dry or wet hair and achieve the same results. I spray the bottom section of my hair that covers my neck to get tangles out, and through the rest of my hair for added shine. IT SMELLS SO GOOD. One more staple, that is unfortunately not pictured, is a spray-on dry shampoo from Suave. It's super inexpensive, and refreshes hair between washes. My hair tends to go from dry to greasy fairly quickly, so this has been a godsend. It is an added way to stretch the life of your color!

     Face:
During the Summer, putting on make-up seems like a chore. In my hot prison of a bathroom, it essentially melts off before I'm even finished. I've recently started using BB and CC creams to simply things a bit. BB stands for beauty balm. It's rich with moisturizers and has SPF 35, making it perfect for days spent outside. It provides light coverage, but gives skin a healthy glow. CC stands for color correction. It has a lower SPF of 15, but provides skin with a fuller coverage. It has very high moisturizing properties, and gives skin an all-over evenness. It's replaced my usual foundation this Summer. I use a BB Cream by Maybelline and CC Cream by Hard Candy Cosmetics. Another product I use to enhance a sun-kissed look is a cream blush by Flower Beauty. I opted for a peachy tone, rather than my usual light pink. It's easy to apply, and adds a dewy shine to your face; that's a good thing, people!

Lips:
C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve is EVERYTHING. I actually use this all year round because it is the ultimate fighter against chapped lips, but find it even more helpful during Summer. You can use this salve on your lips, elbows, cuticles, or anywhere else you struggle with dryness. I even apply a small amount to sunburn for relief. It rules. You can find this product at Bath and Body Works. After using the rose salve on my lips, I cover it with a bright coral shade of lipstick. This prevents any cracked or cakey feel, and makes your color last longer. I use a shade called "Siren" by Revlon. It is my absolute favorite.

Nails:
I like my bright colors in smaller doses, even in the Summer. So, when I do my nails, I use a neutral tone for every nail aside from my ring finger on both hands. I reserve that nail for a bolder color. A pair I'm really loving together is "Merino Cool" by Essie and "I Need a Refresh-Mint" by Wet n Wild. Both are long-lasting, and dry fast-ish.

Scents:
I"ll admit right away that I buy way too much perfume and lotion, but I LOVE things that smell good. Who doesn't, right? My go-to lotion is Lemon-Vanilla from Bath and Body Works. I use it all year, but it's especially fitting for Summer. It's light and subtle, and gives a bit of a twist to a familiar and classic fragrance. And, for my perfume, I'm all about anything by Marc Jacobs. Lola is my current obsession, and is packed with so much floral, fruity goodness. And, the bottle looks like a flower, so it's obviously suited for this time of year. I found my Lola set at T.J. Maxx for an astounding twenty-nine dollars; almost 75% off of the full retail price. Holler.

Well, that does it for me, readers. I so hope you find these products helpful for this season. What are some of your beauty staples?
With love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts