Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I Can See Your Tracks

     When I was a little girl, I was a bit of a tomboy. I loved playing in dirt, reenacting scenes from The Power Rangers, climbing trees; the whole nine yards. As I've grown into womanhood, so to speak, I have lost a lot of the childhood bravery and spirit I once held. I've gotten increasingly comfortable being indoors or in cities, where bugs and nature are scarce. Actually, I am a huge baby when it comes to any critters invading my space. But, there is one place that brings me back to my outdoorsy, past-self: Mohican. 
     Andy and I have always loved taking the drive to the trails, and spending the day commuting to all the different sites. Mohican has several different trails, some leading to look-out points or waterfalls. We enjoyed a very cloudy day of hiking, and snapped plenty of pictures along the way. Alas, it started pouring down rain as soon as we reached the end of our selected route, and we were forced to call it a day on the adventuring. We picked the perfect time to get our butts outside, seeing as though Ohio has been at sweltering temperatures everyday this week. I hate to say this so early in season, but Autumn is really calling my name.
With love,
Heather  

2 comments:

  1. Loving these pictures! Really like the waterfall ones! I totally agree I am ready for fall!

    xo, Delightful Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And, yes, I will most definitely be welcoming Fall with open arms. Bring on the sweater weather!

      Delete

Popular Posts