Sunday, April 6, 2014

Dreaming Is the State We Shall Keep

Andy and I somehow managed to get off work on a Friday, so we ditched town and had a good day on the run. Our first stop, as per usual, was the Cleveland Art Museum.
It was rainy and windy and wonderful. We ordered our usual's at Tommy's: A CeeBee falafel, BBQ Seitan, and a plate of fries; all to be split with one another. We also got coffee at another local favorite, and the only place I've ever found my beloved Mate Lattes.
Big Fun forever. Oh, and I finally found a hard-copy of Manchester Orchestra's latest, Cope, with the help of a few fellow music enthusiasts. 
We saw The Grand Budapest Hotel, which made me laugh, cry, cringe, and cry some more.
Our final stop was for frozen yogurt, of course. Picca Dilly is the cutest little shop I ever did see. After we had our fill of frozen treats and sugary toppings, we headed back to prepare for another early morning of work. I know I've talked about the importance of traveling or getting away, but this day was even more than that. It was just taking a break, not worrying about what time it was, letting the day play out based on preference rather than schedule, and actually getting to enjoy the company of someone I admire immensely. I can't tell you the last time I did something unscheduled/planned. My life lately has been done according to a strict book, directing me to and from jobs 1 and 2. I've only had time for snacks and small talk, rather than any actual substance. To finally give myself some time to just wonder and wander was rewarding and, frankly, well-deserved. 
I hope your weekends were just as well spent!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts