Tuesday, February 18, 2014

DIY: Tissue Paper Flowers

We've just been covered with yet another pile of snow here in the Midwest, and my patience is wearing thin on Spring to get here.* However, a thrift store in town did offer a bit of hope with all it's Easter and Spring decorations; among the decor choices were paper flowers. I was inspired to add a bit of Spring cheer to my own room, so I dug up all the tissue paper I had and went to work. Here's what you'll need to make tissue paper flowers:
Scissors, string or wire, and tissue paper. You may also need tape or thumbtacks if you're planning on hanging your flowers. 
Stack 4 pieces of tissue paper on top of one another, and begin to fold the paper "accordion" style. Ya know, the way you did as a kid to make a fan. Cut the paper into rounded or pointed ends, and tie your string or wire around the middle. Make sure the string is secure, but not overly tight.
Carefully separate each layer one by one, until you have the flower shape made.
I hung mine around my room, but these would also be super cute piled in baskets or just placed on dressers/shelves. Please ignore the clashing decor and paint in my humble abode. It's a work in progress.
Alright, enough paper flowers. I have to go clean my car off and slide my way to work. I hope these brighten your February blues!
With love,
Heather

*Just after I finished this post I checked the forecast, and it's supposed to be in the low 50's this week! Obvz these flowers worked some magic. YOU'RE WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts