Monday, December 23, 2013

Recipe: 8-Layer Cookie Bars

     I'm all about trying new foods in the kitchen, and I love sharing recipes with all of you. But, I will admit that the meals and desserts in my repertoire are absolutely fool-proof. Cooking, for me, has to be easy and hassle-free because I don't have an ounce of patience in me; my mother would gladly confirm this for any of you with doubts. So, I'm here today to share an ultra-satisfying and super simple cookie bar recipe that all you procrastinators can make just in time for Christmas. Here we go!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In an 13x9 inch baking dish, spread a 1/2 cup (one stick) of melted butter evenly.
Next, add 1 and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs to the pan and distribute evenly, making a crust. You can buy graham crumbs or just crush up your own like we did. 
After your crust is formed, layer 1 cup each of semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and chopped walnuts.
We decided to make these "8-layer bars" by adding marshmallows that we had on hand. You can add as much as a cup, or just a handful as shown above.
Drizzle a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed-milk all over the top.
Then add your last layer: 1 and 1/3 cup of shredded coconut. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool (overnight is best), cut into bars, and enjoy!
These things are so freaking good, you guys. And, since there's no flour, eggs, mixing, etc., they are the perfect option for baking beginners or anyone looking for a quick treat to bring to a family Christmas or office holiday party. That is, if you don't eat them all right out of the oven. Merry eating!
With love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts