Thursday, November 14, 2013

Maiden Braid Hair Tutorial

     I am in no way a hair guru. I've had some terrible cuts, and even worse styling choices; like those massive claw-like clips, or leaving just two strands of hair down in front with the rest in a spiky bun. Yikes. But, in recent years, I've finally gotten the hang of this mane of mine, and even found a few easy (and cute) updos that I can manage. My favorite of these is a maiden braid. It is fool-proof, and the perfect go-to hairstyle for days your mop is untameable or you're just short on time.
All you need for this style are a few bobby pins and hairspray. Easy enough, huh?
First, separate your hair into two even sections; like pigtails. Next, you'll want to start braiding one side. Don't worry about any layers that poke out, we'll deal with those later.
Give your finished braid a flip, bringing it over your head like a crown. Secure the braid with the bobby pins.
Complete those steps again for the other section of hair. You can use more bobby pins to tuck in any fly-aways.
Finish your hair with a good spritz of hairspray. Be liberal, and smooth those stubborn hairs sticking out.
And, there you have it! I always get compliments when I wear these maiden braids, and people often think it's a complicated process. But, as you can see, it is totes as simple as could be. If you have shorter or layered hair, try putting most of your hair in a bun, with just enough down in front for the braided crown. I'm stoked my tresses have finally grown out enough for all of my strands to be apart of the braid. But, either way, it looks super cute.
That's all for today, folks. I'd like to thank my girl, Ashley, for helping put this post together. It required a lot of tippy toes, seeing as though I have a good eight inches on her petite stature. I'd also like to thank you, the readers, for tuning in and (hopefully) ignoring those terrible purple walls in the background.
With love,
Heather

1 comment:

Popular Posts