Monday, October 7, 2013

Pick Me Up, Take Me Back, Put Me Down

     Even after being born and raised in a rural town in Ohio,  I've always considered myself more of a "city person" at heart. Living in Cleveland for a while was an absolute dream; being so close to tons of shops and neighborhoods, various groups of people, and not having to bother driving anywhere, thanks to public transportation. But, I have to say that moving back has given me a new-found love of being outdoors and appreciation for local gems; i.e. Gorman Nature Center, where these photos were taken. 
     The Sun had just decided to shine after we were finished picking apples at our local orchard, and Ashley and I weren't quite ready to go indoors yet. (You can see our apple picking adventures here.) So, we walked the trails for a bit, snapping a ton of pictures and even running into what appeared to be an attempt at some kind of ritual; flowers in the middle of a stone circle with melted candle-wax dripped everywhere. Weird, huh? Maybe. But, also proof that you never know what you're missing if you don't get your butt outside. Consider that my PSA for the day.
And, with that I'll bid you adieu. Have a great Monday, everyone, even though we all know they suck.
With love,
Heather 

2 comments:

  1. These are some really beautiful pictures. I love your blog!

    Jes | Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yo so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to rummage through it :D
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts