Today, I'm excited to announce that Rags and Roses has been nominated for it's second Liebster Award. Blogging has been such an adventure and learning experience for me, and it's always super rewarding to be recognized for the content and work I put out. First off, I'd like to thank Kristina of Love, Kristina for the nomination!
The Liebster Award is a way to encourage readership and followers for new bloggers. It gets passed around and comes with it a small set of guidelines:
- Thank the amazing blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator provided
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Post 11 different questions for your nominees to answer
- Contact your nominees to let them know that you've nominated them
Here are the questions that Kristina asked me:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging for just over a year now!
2. Why did you start a blog?
I started Rags and Roses as a creative outlet for my personal style, DIY projects, recipes, and ramblings. I had returned home from college to a place that offers little inspiration, so I decided to focus on something solely for myself. It's turned out to be my vice; having something of my own that I don't do for any other reason than being passionate about it.
3. What's your favorite place to shop?
That's a tough one! Anywhere with good clearance, really. T.J. Maxx, Forever 21, H&M, Urban Outfitters, and ALL of the thrift stores.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
I'd like to go anywhere and everywhere I possibly can. I'm especially interested in visiting England, France, New York, and San Francisco.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Keeping Up With the Kardashians, or crappy reality shows in general. I'm hooked! And, eating Nutella from the jar. Oopsies.
6. What is your biggest goal in life?
My goal is just to be happy and lead a life beyond simply existing. I don't want to get caught up in striving for money, or settle into something just for stability. I want to adventure, and make the people I love proud, and just be.
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
Oh, boy. Where should I start? Ryan Gosling, Steve Buscemi, all of the men on Parks and Rec, Lou Reed, James Franco, and many (MANY) more.
8. What's your dream job?
I'd love to write for a magazine, like Bust or Nylon. But, ultimately, I hope to be my own boss, and own a storefront. I'd want to sell re-purposed vintage clothing and household decor, commission artwork done locally, and maybe even run some sort of cafe out of it.
9. City or country lover?
I was raised in a really rural area, so I'll always love the solitude of being in the country, but I'm a city girl at heart. My sanity depends on being in a place with culture and varying types of people, ideas, art, scenery, etc.
10. What's your favorite meal of the day?
Breakfast, for sure. I always do peanut butter and honey or avocado and tomato toast. Or, homemade spiced apple oatmeal. Or, granola bowls with Greek yogurt and fruit. Or, some kind of egg scramble with lots of veggies and cheese. I LOVE BREAKFAST.
11. Who is your greatest influence and why?
I don't think I could pick just one! I really admire Kate Nash, Kathleen Hannah, Sylvia Plath, Kurt Cobain, Jack Kerouac, Eve Ensler, Amy Pohler, Miranda July, Andy Warhol, Sofia Coppola, Morrissey, Christopher McCandless, Gloria Steinem, and a ton more. My mom and sister are my two biggest influences, though. They've taught me how to work for the things I wish to accomplish and that there is nothing greater than family.
Okay, so here are my nominations for The Leibster Award!
And, my questions to you bloggers are:
1. What are the last five songs you've listened to?
2. Do you have any hidden talents?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. If you could pick any era to live in, which one would it be?
5. Who are a few of your icons?
6. Name three of your must-have wardrobe staples.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
8. What does blogging mean to you? (e.i. why did you start/what do you get out of it/etc)
9. If you could have a re-do at anything, what would it be?
10. If you could only eat one meal forever, what would it be?
11. Where do you draw inspiration from in your daily life?
Thanks again for the nomination, Kristina! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your answers, bloggers.