Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Taking Stock:Falling In

It's been a crazy few weeks, and I know my blogging is sure to suffer from it, so I apologize in advance. Andy and I are beaming over finally finding a wonderful apartment to live in together. We'll be packing and making plans in between two very hectic work schedules, and making our move on November 1st. I'm so excited for these changes. I am a person who requires constant movement and newness. It feels great to be getting back in that element; one of evolving and unknown. Wish us luck!
Cooking : Apple everything. 'Tis the season
Drinking : Pumpkin Spice Lattes (insert jokes about white girls and Fall here)
Reading: We Need to Talk About Kevin. It is so disturbing, thought-provoking, and beautifully written. 
Wanting: to practice playing the guitar. I need to be Kate Nash. Ugh.
Looking: forward to the next month. So many good things are happening, folks. 
Playing: with new styles for my short tresses. I'm shocked that I'm not missing the 7 extra inches of hair I used to have...yet.
Wasting: nothing. Frugal is the new black.
Sewing: nothing, and its a real shame. That's one hobby I need to pick back up.
Wishing: it were December, so Andy and I were in Chicago, watching Manchester Orchestra do their thing.
Enjoying: actual days off. Time to think, and binge-watch Sex and the City. Woops.
Waiting: to go home decor-crazy. I've been stocking up furnishings for a year, and I'm ready to set them up in our new space!
Liking: October. I'll take these chilly and sometimes rainy days over any other weather.
Wondering: if I should really be eating Nutella from the jar right now. (The answer is yes. It's ALWAYS yes.)

Loving: American Horror Story and The Walking Dead. So far, anyways. So long as they keep my favorites breathing.

Hoping: to have as much time as possible to spend with my girl, Ashley, when she comes home for the holidays. I'm getting teary just thinking about how long it has been since I've seen her. GRRRL GANG REUNION 2K14

Marvelling: over Jessica Lange's cover of David Bowie's "Life on Mars". The woman is perfect, okay?
Needing: to travel, do laundry, and write.
Smelling: Coconut oil. I've been using the stuff for everything. So good.
Wearing: Sweaters, and flannels, and boots; oh my!
Following: the Jeni's Ice Cream Instagram account, and drooling over all the delish.
Noticing: just how much crap I really have. Packing is lame.
Knowing: things are working out. It's taken a long time for various aspects of my life to fall into place, but seeing them now makes me realize it's been worth it. Keep working, and improving, and following your passion.
Thinking: up lots tons of recipes to take with me to my new apartment.. I've been itching to be in the kitchen . Give me all the pasta, give me all the roasted veggies.
Bookmarking: any and all apartment-living tips on Pinterest. (Are you tired of hearing about my move yet?)
Opening: my mind and heart and self. In with the new...
Giggling: over Bill Hader's SNL episode. Stefon forever and always, amen.
Listening: to Spook Houses and Radiator Hospital. My two new favorites.
Feeling: nostalgic. The good kind, that makes you happy to be where you are.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Sophia! I followed your blog; I like yours, too!
    :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts