Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Style Icon: Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams by heatherlalala featuring holiday home decor
     I can't believe how long it's been since I've put together a "Style Icon" post. They used to be my go-to post, and one that I thoroughly enjoyed creating. There's something very comforting to me about being able to look to my favorite films, TV shows, or ladies in pop-culture for style inspiration; incorporating their signature looks with pieces that I wear on a regular basis. With Halloween fastly approaching, I felt no one to be more fit for this round of "Style Icon" than Wednesday Addams.
     Wednesday Addams has always been one of my favorites, and probably one of my earliest feminist-influences; as silly as that may sound. I admired her sarcasm, wit, and utter annoyance with pretty much all human beings; you know, except the tall, awkward ones with glasses and scruffy hair who happen to be flannel-wearing boys.  I still identify with Wednesday's dark humor and personality, and, of course, her style.  If you're not down with the all black get-up on a regular basis, well A)-we can't be friends, and B)-try it out as an easy last-minute Halloween costume. When someone asks what you are, just reply with the ever-clever, "I'm a homicidal maniac, they look just like everyone else."
     Who are some of your style icons this season?
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts