Monday, May 25, 2015

Outfit: You Struck Gold

Ever since I pinned a picture of Alexa Chung wearing one of these button-front denim skirts, I have been on the hunt for one of my own. I would absolutely die for Alexa's own design for AG, but unfortunately my skirt budget is far from $100. Luckily, I was (FINALLY) able to find one at a thrift store for $2. I had searched for at least a couple of months, only finding larger sizes or ones that flared up oddly in the back; any of my fellow big-behind-ed ladies feel my pain? Alas, it is mine. I can already see this piece becoming a staple for me, whether it's paired with black and white striped tops or thigh-high socks in the colder months. I kept it casual this time around with my beloved Kate Nash t-shirt, cardigan, and cat flats. I'm really into "playful" clothing right now. I think it has something to do with wearing business attire Monday-Friday. B-O-R-I-N-G.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
-Heather

Outfit Details;
Hat- H&M
Bag- T.J. Maxx
Tee- Kate Nash show (old)
Flats- gifted
Sunnies- Gabriel Brothers
Cardigan/skirt- thrifted

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your outfit. :)
    I really want one of those denim skirts because they are getting really trendy at the moment and look so cute. :3 I guess I will have to go thriftin' for one. :)

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! I always try to search for "trend" items at thrift or discount stores. Such a better buy that way.
      -Heather

      Delete
  2. I bought my denim button down skity from a thrift store as well! I love this outfit, the photos are really pretty

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice! I loved the way you styled your denim skirt <3
      -Heather

      Delete
  3. Love how you're rocking the skirt with that pretty Kate Nash t-shirt. Awesome thrift store steal!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts