Thursday, May 14, 2015

Birchbox: May Review

I love trying new beauty products. I mean, who doesn't? But, I really LOVE it. I can easily kill a couple of hours browsing the drugstore or Ulta, mindlessly tossing item after item in my basket until I've tallied up a hefty tab. But, some beauty products, not unlike clothing, are often just fads.They are destined to find their demise in the back of my bathroom cupboard, until I remember to throw them out months later. However, the hope of finding a "holy-grail-can't-live-without it" product keeps me searching and trying new lipsticks, moisturizers, setting powders etc. This is why I finally subscribed to Birchbox. It gives me the option to try samples of high-end beauty products, each month without the guilt of not liking something/letting it go to waste. With products ranging from cleansers to eye shadows, each month really is a treat to open and try out. And, perhaps the best part, it's only ten dollars a month! Here's what I scored in my May Birchbox;
This month's box was probably the cutest one yet.
Benefit Cosmetics 'It's Potent" Eye Cream// This stuff is honestly the most effective eye cream ever. "It's Potent' promises to reduce dark circles and boost skin's elasticity. And, after just a week of using it, I am seeing results. I have MAJOR dark circles that I conceal everyday. But, just a dab of this cream really does give me eyes a brightening effect. I am definitely going to grab a full-size of this one.
Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eye Shadow Quad// The colors in this quad go really well together. I absolutely love the darker brown and gold shades. And, while I don't typically go for purples, I really liked the two in the palette; great for days you want to do something different. The formula seems pretty long-lasting, too!
PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray// I am an avid sea salt spray lover. Nothing gives hair better texture. This sea sat spray adds a healthy dose of shine, along with adding wave. And, it smells wonderful!
Marcella Energizing Hydrating Gel// This is the one product in this month's box that I could have lived without. I found that it made my skin feel tight and broke me out. It promises to go on "cucumber cool", but all I got was a burning sensation. No thanks.
Harvey Prince "Hello" Perfume// This perfume is such a bright and happy scent. Packed full of floral and citrus notes, it really does just feel like Spring. A little bit goes a long way, though. Less is definitely more with this one.
There you have it! Are any of you Birchbox members, or subscribed to any other beauty sites? What are some of your favorite products that you've found through them?
-Heather

4 comments:

  1. I tried Birch Box, however since I barely used the products, I decided to cancel. That box is so pretty! :)

    natalie @findingmyownvoice7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks to be a great box. I love subscription boxes but I am hesitant to invest in too many. But this seems to be a great buy. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never gotten a Birchbox before, or been subscribed to any beauty boxes, but it looks like you got some lovely bits in this one - the Benefit eye cream sounds amazing, I'm always looking for products that will help get rid of my dark circles, may have to give that a try!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This box looks gorgeous! I've never tried one of the subscription beauty boxes but I have always been interested. The shadows you received look gorgeous. Might just have to try Birchbox soon!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts