Sunday, August 3, 2014

DIY: Floral Monogram Frames

     I've really been trying to up my game when it comes to DIY projects for Rags and Roses. And, since Andy and I are currently working towards moving in together, I figure my crafts should have purpose. Decorative purpose, that is. These floral monograms were a breeze to make, and I'm already imagining them placed above our bed or the kitchen table. You know, the ones in whatever house we end up in. Here's the how-to!
You'll just need fake flowers, scissors, acrylic paint, hot glue sticks/gun, old picture frames. I found my frames at Goodwill, but any leftover frames you have around will do!
Paint two, even coats of acrylic paint over the existing painting/cardboard of the frame. I really regret painting over that dreamy flower painting. SAD-FACE, SAD-FACE, SAD-FACE. I used a hair dryer to speed up the drying process because patience is not my strongest attribute. 
Arrange your flowers in the shape or letter formation of your choosing, and use hot glue to hold them in place. I went back over my white flowers with gold leaves and colored petals for some contrast, but feel free to really customize this to your liking!
     And, there you have it! Your very own personal monograms. I probably should have picked different flowers to really give the letters clearer definition, but ultimately I'm happy with the outcome. Plus, the ones I went with were on sale. LONG LIVE A BARGAIN. I hope this sparks some DIY-inspo for you all!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts