Friday, February 19, 2016

The Suede Skirt

     I've been avoiding this "suede" trend like the plague since seeing it go to new extremes on Pinterest and in magazines. I'm good with it on my boots and bags(faux-suede, course), and that's where it generally ends for me. But, I fell for this Old Navy skirt; or rather it's price. I scored this little number for $7.99 on clearance!  Forever late to the trend party because BARGAINS. The color and shape are both really beautiful, and it's quality is impeccable. I like that it's structured rather than flouncy, making it perfect for windy days. I know I will get even more use out of it come summertime. I somehow managed to score tickets for the Brand New and Modest Mouse tour, so Andy and I will be Chicago-bound come July. I'm already thinking of pairing this skirt with loose t-shirts and ankle boots. I've been really trying to find new ways to wear my clothes all-year round. I think skirts are a staple for that, since you can easily throw a pair of warm tights, boots, and a sweater on with them. All-in-all, an eight bucks well spent! Which is great because those aforementioned tickets cost an arm and a leg, and maybe even a slice of my soul. WORTH IT. 
Have a great weekend, everyone!
-Heather

Outfit Details:
Coat- Gabriel Brothers
Teddy sweater- Kensie (thrifted!)
Black turtleneck- vintage
Skirt & loafers- Old Navy

1 comment:

Popular Posts