Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July Flame

     Andy and I spent a very cloudy Fourth of July at East Harbor State Park. Our plan was to sit in the sun, swim, pack a picnic, light sparklers, and watch the fireworks. However, the weather did not care one single bit about our plan, as it rained almost the whole day. Andy and I made the most of the damp beach by swimming in between every one of the lifeguard's closing of the water due to thunder and lightning, and checking out the Marblehead Lighthouse for a quick change of scenery. We then ate Subway in Andy's car during a downpour, instead of the picnic we forgot to pack. Andy and I made our way back to East Harbor to give the water one final attempt, and although it did not rain, it had cooled down to the point of my rumpus wanting nothing to do with it.
     I spent the majority of the afternoon mad that I could not have just one day, a holiday at that, of actual Summer weather. But, when it came time for fireworks, I was reminded that the day had not even remotely been a loss. We watched the fireworks on the beach, where we could see them from several locations; Put-In-Bay, Kelly's Island, and Lakeside. Andy and I spent the rest of the evening on a wet towel, using only an infant-sized blanket for warmth, but that was okay. The utter ridiculousness of the day kind of disappeared; I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. I'm so thankful for our getaways, even if I did have to go back to work the very next day. It really is the little things, folks. 
I hope everyone else's holiday was full of good!
With love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts