Sunday, February 23, 2014

Recipe: Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

One day, my sister was making a buffalo chicken dip that smelled and looked sooooo good. I, being a vegetarian, could not indulge in this dip. Which sucked. In fact, buffalo wings have always been kind of high on the list of things I wish I had indulged in before making the change in my diet. But, I didn't. The good news is, I've finally found a recipe that allows me to stuff my face full of the spicy food. And, it's pretty good for you, too! Here's the scoop on these buffalo cauliflower bites:
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of water, and 2 teaspoons of garlic powder. Chop a head of cauliflower into bite-size pieces and coat them in your "batter". Shake off the excess, and spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
While your veggies are baking, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the microwave. Add 3/4 cup of your favorite buffalo sauce to the butter.
When the cauliflower is done, remove them from the oven and coat them in the sauce mixture. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
And, there you have it! Spicy buffalo cauliflower bites. These would a be a great vegetarian option for parties/dinners, or just a healthy alternative to a snack classic. I suggest pairing these with celery, cucumbers, or big leaves of romaine for lettuce wraps to bring the heat level down. We also made a yogurt-based dipping sauce that was really good:
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip:
1/2 cup blue cheese
6oz plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp light mayo
1tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cider or red wine vinegar
1 clove minced garlic or 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste 
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! 
Until next time,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts