Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Outfit: Big Wave

     Heat wave, that is. It's been a smouldering 45 degrees the past few days. (Ohio sarcasm, hello.) But, the day these were snapped was the first that the Sun was at the party, too. Ashley and I took to the downtown area of our neighboring town for coffee and baked goods and a lot of complaining about some recent events in both of our lives. Kind of the makings of a perfect day, huh? Things lately have just seemed super draining and dumb, for myself and loved ones. I've been getting very discouraged and tired of hearing about/going through negative happenings. I mean between work, financial stress, and a general feeling of "I have no idea what to do with my life", I think my mind is at capacity.
      Life just really sucks sometimes. And, not like the highschool, everythingsucksandnobodyunderstandsme kind, but the actual kind of suck. But, I am realizing that I have to face the fact that my life plans did not turn out as I had originally imagined, and move on from there. I have wasted so much time dwelling on what I looked at as failure and how people must think I'm such an idiot for moving back/dropping out of college, and it has very obviously gotten me nowhere. One thing I really need to focus on is the bigger picture. And, that there are things I can work towards while I'm in this weird life-purgatory thing. Like, school for instance, even if it's not the university scenario I'd like it to be. Another thing I am really guilty of is letting the opinions of others get in my head. I think I've talked about my problems with anxiety on Rags and Roses before, but it has been something I've struggled with for as long as I can remember. Especially during the last couple years. But, my opinion of myself has become increasingly important to me. More so than the ideas of anyone else. So, that's what I'm going to work on.
Whew. Sorry, doods. I realize this is a little heavy for an "Outfit" post. But, it does feel good getting some things off of my own shoulders. Before I sign off here, I just want to thank all of you who haven't tuned out from this little project of mine. I love sharing thoughts, style, and crafts, and the fact that anybody actually reads them really blows my mind. Please know that I always appreciate it. 
With love,
Heather

Outfit Details:
Sunglasses- Gabriel Brothers
Dress-Thrifted
Sweater, boots, bag- TJ Maxx
Necklace, belt- Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts