Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Early Christmas Present

I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have, but I just had to share a bit of mine and Ashley's Christmas gift exchange. We gabbed and opened gifts over tea and shortbread cookies. She knows me all too well, you guys; she got me a coffee mug with Kate Nash lyrics on it ("When I say two sugars, I mean three"), wrapped in the cutest "A Christmas Story" paper. And, I am pleased to report that she loved her feminist-inspired mystery package and bulldog mug. We both found each other's gifts on Etsy, which is by far my favorite way to shop for the holidays. Handmade gifts bring a lot of charm and quirk to the table-even if they were made by someone else-and I love the idea of supporting small businesses and fellow crafters.
     I have another gift exchange with my dear, dear Andy and a Secret Santa at work to finish out before we have our family Christmases. All of my loved ones and I mutually agreed to keep things as simple as possible, with just a few small gifts, and I'm really happy about it. I feel like this is the least stressed out I've ever been about the holidays, and I'm more happy over being able to hang out with everyone rather than worrying over how much I've spent.  What we lack in presents, we plan to make up with in food. Which is totes alright by me.
Happy Holidays,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts